How To Make Homemade Yogurt-Although yogurt is a food that I like, but I have never ventured to try making it myself. It does not mean that there is no desire, but because to my knowledge for makes yogurt so it takes a special tool (yogurt maker). After I read a lot of information about yogurt with more detail, so I know a little more about the way of making it without using a yogurt maker, provided we are able to maintain the conditions that chill the yogurt bacteria then we can make it on my own. The tool I use is my kitchen furnishings, sure you have also at home, and it turns out that making yogurt is not as hard as my shadow.
The main points in the production of yogurt are doing dairy fermentation by adding bacterial cultures (yoghurt cultures) into liquid milk. For these purposes I use milk full cream and without flavor. Lots of variety of brands of milk that you can use, selects to suit your tastes. Use low fat milk if you want a low fat yogurt. As for the culture of bacteria as a starter, I use plain yogurt, the brand Biokul. Use a really plain, aka without flavor, sweeteners or colours. Major supermarkets provide it at the dairy product, select the brand that suits your tastes. The milk that had been incubated with the bacterial culture is thus silenced for at least 7-8 hours in warm conditions, so the bacteria works well and happen to fermentation. In this process of fermentation of yogurt bacteria – generally types Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus and Streptococcus salivarius subsp. thermophilus will eat sugar (lactose) contained in milk, condensed milk and consequently rotate, matter of lactic acid resulting from that process. Well, the lactic acid is what will give you a taste of the typical sharp on yogurt and milk protect in order not to be damaged.
The end result of this process is the product made from milk is creamy, soft, with a sharp smell and taste, and contains millions of bacteria culture is needed in the digestive process. Furthermore, lactic acid will make those who are resistant to being lactose can enjoy products made from milk. Ok, now how long does it take to fermentation? Seven hours in warm temperatures is enough time to produce a fairly thick yogurt with a sharp flavor. The longer the fermentation process is allowed to continue, then the yogurt will be more condensed and taste will increasingly acidic. So for the first experiment, it is advisable to make a long fermentation only seven hours, after which it can be customized with your sense of taste. Yogurt then stored in the refrigerator and can hold up to one month. For the manufacture of next you can use homemade yogurt as a starter culture of bacteria.
Ok, now what equipment do you need? No need to renew all your furniture in the kitchen just to make yogurt. Use or rather empower what is in your home. First of all you must have a jar with cover, could use a jar made of plastic or glass. If you make yogurt then the abundance of yogurt you generate a rate equal to the amount of milk you use, so prepare the jars could hold the amount of milk. Then how can I make the yogurt warm conditions during the process of fermentation? I wrap the container contains milk with thick towels, then I enter into a pile of laundry that has not been dried in the irons. It could also put him in with a pile of clothes in the wardrobe or enter into cardboard boxes containing thick towels and place it on the warmest place in your home. Because I make it at night then I leave it until the next day.
Read Also: Understanding the Benefits of Yogurt for Diet Plans
Ok, have you been able to take an outline of how the production of yogurt that I write above? Yet? If so you need to continue reading the summary below How to Make Homemade Yogurt:
- Preheat the liquid you use milk to make yogurt until tiny bubbles or foam appears, do not let boil. If you have a special thermometer for cooking, temperatures of milk ranges in the 80 ‘ C. The function of this warming is to eliminate other bacterial contamination that we do not want it also to prepare milk protein on the appropriate conditions for the yogurt bacteria to breed. If you want a sweet and flavorful yogurt vanilla then Add vanilla extract, honey or maple syrup in this process.
- Sterilization container that will be used by boiling or soaking in boiling water.
- Chill the milk until it reaches a temperature of about 43 ‘ C, if you don’t have a thermometer like me enough to figure it out then dip your fingertips into the milk. If it feels warm without making your finger blister, temperatures have been reached. So be careful when this process, do not let your fingers be the victim or do not get too cold milk as well.
- Add the yogurt bacteria cultures to milk. Use plain yogurt that is widely sold in supermarkets as his starter. The Starter should be thick and lumpy indicates bacteria is still active. Do not use yogurt that has assorted wines fortified ingredients and flavours or liquid yogurt as a starter.
- Milk that had been incubated bacteria must be kept in a warm place that waking temperature. In this process, the bacteria will do fermentation process, allow for at least eight hours. If after 8 hours of yogurt still dilute, let stand again in a warm place for 5-8 hours. Don’t rush to put it in the refrigerator. The yogurt cultures may take a long time to form a colony.
- Save the yogurt that has been so in the refrigerator, place it in the coldest part there and leave it overnight.
- The results of this homemade Yogurt can be a culture for the next yogurt you make so you no longer need to buy yogurt to make yogurt. Of course after 3-4 times to become the starter then the bacteria will be weakened so that less is okay as a starter, for that you need a new yogurt again as being both. Frankly this part that I haven’t proved myself, I think I’ll try it with yogurt which I have created.
Ok, then what can you do with yogurt that you have made? A lot! Edible, delicious! Or, you can also mix it with pieces of fruits and dry fruits, then flush with honey, delicious and healthy breakfast in the morning or snacks in the evening. Process it with banana, mango, guava red or other fruit to make a super yummy smoothie recipes, click here and here or here. The materials making the cake, muffins or bread, recipe here and here and here. Or make a yogurt cheese! Well, this cheese yogurt you can use to make a delicious cheesecake. For the process of making yogurt cheese cheesecake and wait for the next post.
Now we see the recipe and manufacturing process How to Make Homemade Yogurt in full under the Yes
Easy Tips How to Make Homemade Yogurt
For 600 ml of yogurt
- 600 ml full cream milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk full cream
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt as a starter
How to make homemade yogurt
Remove the plain yogurt you get from supermarkets from inside the fridge, let it so be at room temperature at least 1 hour.
Boil the containers that you will use to make yogurt in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Lift up and allow to cool.
Prepare a small saucepan, stir in fresh milk full cream and powdered milk, stir until the milk powder is dissolved. If you are going to make yogurt with low fat content then use fresh milk low fat and eliminate the use of powdered milk. Yogurt made from low-fat milk are generally less dense and creamy.
Cook the milk over low heat while you boil until it began to appear in small bubbles and foam. Take care not to boil the milk. If small bubbles have appeared immediately turn off the stove and let the milk cool.
I put a pot of milk above a basin containing water ice, this way making the cooling process can be faster. But if you simply wait for the milk being warm then just skip this way. Well, if milk has been warm enough, test by inserting a finger into it, if your fingertips feel comfortable then the temperature of the milk has been enough. Take care not to be cold milk. Now we’re ready to mix it up with bacterial culture.
Take 3 tablespoons plain yogurt you get from supermarkets, insert it into a container you have prepared to make yogurt. Pour approximately 200 ml fresh milk warm into it, stirring slowly. Do not stir strong-strong until the yogurt into a smooth, stirring slowly, treat the cultures with soft. 200 ml milk add more liquid and stir gently. Last enter the rest of the fresh milk, mix well.
Note: the process of stirring you are said to be true if there still grain-grain yogurt left in the bottom of the container.
Close container meetings. Wrap it with a thick towel and store in the stack of fabric or clothing in your clothes closet. Or wrap it in a towel and place it on the warmest place in your home. Leave for a minimum of 7 hours.
Any suggestions I make in the evening before going to sleep, so when waking up the next morning the yogurt you have so. Yogurt is too long at room temperature fermented process will continue and it will affect the taste, yogurt is becoming more acidic taste.
Stir in the yogurt into the refrigerator; place it in the coldest part of the refrigerator in. The very back of the refrigerator is coldest place (not the freezer Yes). Leave for one night, the next morning the yogurt is ready before eaten.
Easy right? You will be amazed by your own homemade yogurt.