If you want to indulge without guilt in a dessert, then you can consider frozen yogurt. The following write-up provides information about the nutritional values of frozen yogurt.
Nutritional facts of frozen yogurt
Delicious frozen yogurt is a cream-free dessert of yogurt and other dairy products produced. It is served in different flavors along with fresh fruit (banana, mango, kiwi, blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple), dried fruit (raisins, almonds, coconut) and liquid (honey, pomegranate juice) toppings. It is considered a low-fat alternative to ice and to be counted a rare dessert with wholesome food.
People from different cultures have always enjoyed the full flavor and various health benefits of yogurt. Recently, further research has shown that not only you can enjoy this delicious snack, but you can also produce a variety of health benefits. Naturally flavored yogurt is full of fat and less food. However, regular and low-fat yogurt can be transformed into delicious side dishes, salad dressings and even desserts. As you enjoy this delicious food is your choice, just remember to keep it healthy. Here we bring you a the nutritional information of these healthy food as well as detailed information on the health benefits of this accompaniment to meals.
Nutritional Information on Frozen Yogurt
- Calories: An ounce of frozen yogurt usually contains 25-30 calories depending on whether it is of the non fat, low fat or regular variety. A medium cone of 8 oz. has approximately 200-240 calories.
- Carbohydrates: One medium serving of 8 oz has 30-50 grams of carbohydrates.
- Fats: Fat content is much lesser as compared to ice creams. Moreover, it is made from skim milk is totally fat free. If made from whole milk or low fat milk, it has less than four grams of fat in a serving of 8 oz.
- Proteins: There are 2-8 grams of proteins in a serving of 8 oz.
- Calcium: An eight oz frozen yogurt suffices 20% to 30% of the RDA for calcium.
Ingredients of Frozen Yogurt
- Milk fat : 0.5-6% of the yogurt
- Milk solids : 8-14% of the yogurt. Milk solids contain 55% milk sugars or lactose, 37% protein and 8% minerals
- Yogurt culture includes healthy bacteria like acidophilus and bifidobacterium
- Sweeteners like cane or beet sugar : 15-17% of the yogurt
- Emulsifiers and Stabilizers (animal and vegetable gelatin): 0.5-0.6% of the entire volume
- Corn syrup, coloring and flavoring agents
- Carbohydrates are a very essential part of a healthy diet. The glucose which satisfies from carbohydrates, the energy requirement of the body. Frozen yogurt is a carbohydrate-rich food and thus provides the body with instant energy.
- Calcium is an important mineral for the body, which keeps the bones healthy and strong and protects the heart. Frozen yogurt is made from milk products, so it is rich in calcium. However, regular yogurt is a much richer source of calcium for the body.
- If probiotics become a part of the diet, they help the body to build up immunity. By probiotics, certain essential vitamins are produced in the body. Also, the body is able to absorb more nutrients. Living bacteria carrying easier and faster in the preparation digestion.
- Proteins help in building and repairing bones, muscles, cartilage and skin. An average serving of frozen yogurt provides the body with a minimum of sixteen grams of protein.
- Yogurt is rich in calcium. Apart from this there is also a rich source of the essential minerals needed by the body, including iodine. Take a look at all the health benefits it has to offer yogurt.
- Regular consumption of yoghurt strengthens the immune system. It has the ability to control infections, and thus protects the body against diseases that are caused by the same.
- It has the ability to LDL or bad cholesterol and increase HDL that is, to reduce the good cholesterol.
- The rich calcium content makes it a good food to promote bone health. In addition, studies have shown that consumption of calcium-rich foods for fat loss is related. Not only does it support fat loss, but also retains the lean muscles, which are necessary for the strength of the body.
- Studies also that eating yogurt daily helps have shown and to prevent the healing of pain and inflammation caused by arthritis.
- The cooling effect helps to heal in the prevention and ulcers of the mouth and the stomach.
You can even reduce the risk of colon cancer at bay by using a daily serving of yogurt. This is especially prepared for yogurt from whole milk. Although it is high in saturated fat, it has the ability to ward off the risk of cancer, and in keeping the body healthy and safe.
- A little-known fact is that yogurt without eating sugar to prevent the development of oral malodour by reducing the amount of hydrogen sulphide in the mouth and tongue to prevent coating. In addition, it also has the ability, gingivitis, to prevent cavities, and the formation of dental plaque.Other vitamins and minerals
Other vitamins and minerals
Present in frozen yogurt as riboflavin, thiamine and potassium have their own advantages. Riboflavin assists in breaking down carbohydrates, fats and proteins, helping to generate power. Potassium regulates blood pressure and thiamine helps in proper functioning of the nervous system.
Diabetic patients can eat frozen yogurt as living cultures lactose (milk sugar) to make easy to digest. Sugarless versions are on the market also available.
There is no doubt that there are many health benefits of frozen yogurt. Opt for small portions with fruit toppings, and enjoy your cup of tangy, refreshing dessert sans any guilt pangs.
Frozen yogurt is low in calories and rich in many nutrients that are important for the body. discussed with all these details, do you really need another reason to enjoy this delicious food? Eat it exactly how you like it, and make the most of everything it has to offer.