Discover how to make yogurt without yogurt at home, with this recipe to learn how to make yogurt with milk and sugar easily.
There is nothing healthier than eating a yogurt a day. It is a dairy product, of generally creamy consistency, which is obtained from the fermentation of the milk. Milk of animal origin (whether cow’s milk, goat’s milk, sheep’s milk, etc.) is used in its production, since it is precisely the fermentation of milk sugar in lactic acid which ultimately contributes to That the yogurt has the consistency and the flavor so characteristic.
As for the benefits of yogurt , there is no doubt that it is a very healthy food, which is very good for the stomach , as it is useful against infections and digestive diseases, by decreasing the symptoms of gastroenteritis and gastritis . It acts on the intestinal flora, so that by improving its functioning also helps in strengthening the defenses and the immune system. In addition, it is an excellent protector of the stomach when certain drugs are consumed, by helping against the negative effects of antibiotics.
Although today you can find in the market with a great diversity of yogurts, of all the flavors and of many types, have you ever encouraged elaborating it at home? This time we want to explain to you how to make yogurt without yogurt, easily and extremely simple. Do you want to find out how?
Yogurt-free yogurt recipe
Ingredients to make yogurt at home:
1 natural yogurt
1 liter whole milk
15 gr. of sugar
You also need a glass or plastic container.
Steps to make yogurt at home:
- Put the liter of whole milk in a saucepan or casserole and heat until it begins to boil.
- When it breaks to boil the milk extinguishes the fire and removes the saucepan. Let it cool down.
- Once cool put the milk in the bowl, add the yogurt and sugar.
- Mix well and cover.
- Leave to rest for 12 hours in a place where there is 25ºC of temperature, stirring occasionally. If it is not possible to obtain this temperature you can preheat the oven for 5 minutes at maximum power and turn it off, insert the closed container into it and leave it at rest for the indicated 12 hours.
- After this time, the milk will have fermented.
If you want to learn how to make yogurt without animal milk, we recommend you read our recipe on how to make a natural yogurt .