Learn how to make a delicious, creamy and very healthy homemade coconut yogurt, much easier than you think.
How to Make Coconut Yogurt
Recipe to make Coconut Yogurt
We propose a healthy and completely delicious alternative for all your desserts, snacks and also breakfasts: homemade coconut yogurt, easily and with all the creaminess and tropical flavor of this super fruit that benefits us so many benefits.
You will need few ingredients and even fewer materials to make this delight, and you can prepare large batches and keep in the refrigerator to ensure a full supply for the whole week. Let’s go to the kitchen!
To make about one liter of homemade coconut yogurt, you will need these ingredients:
- 1 liter of coconut milk
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon agar-agar powder (you can substitute 2 teaspoons of cassava starch)
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar or the sweetener of your choice (optional)
- 1 pinch of Yeast for yogurt (the tip of a knife or 1/8 teaspoon)
Some considerations about ingredients:
- You can use white sugar refined, also honey or sugar blond (these two would give a more yellow or golden tone), or also sweeteners, always choosing the natural ones and not the artificial ones, that will only detract health to your product and will prevent its correct fermentation
- If you buy coconut milk, make sure that its only ingredients are only water and coconut, without chemicals or preservatives that will prevent the product from fermenting
- The yeast can be replaced by a large spoonful of natural yogurt
“The yeast to make homemade coconut yogurt can be replaced by a large spoonful of natural yogurt.”
How to prepare homemade coconut yogurt
To make your natural coconut yogurt, start by mixing the agar-agar and coconut milk in a properly sized pot. When all is well integrated, bring to the moderate heat to heat until it is about to boil, stirring so that it does not settle. When making small bubbles on the surface, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool until the preparation is warm.
Pour into a suitable jar or container, add the yeast (or natural yogurt) and stir gently to combine. Cover and cover with a blanket or old coat, so that it maintains a constant temperature somewhat above the ambient temperature (about 35 ° C / 95 ° F) for not less than 8 hours. You can use the electric yogurt maker, which will facilitate the preparation.
After 8 hours, verify its consistency. If it is firm and even, take it to the refrigerator and keep it covered for up to a week, and if you still note it without integrating, leave it one to two hours at a warm temperature. Before the time of usefulness is fulfilled and you notice that the sera are released from solids, use one to two large spoons of this product to make a new batch of homemade coconut yogurt.
“Add natural coconut yogurt to juices, smoothies and shakes to give them a thicker consistency and boost their nutritional power.”
How to take advantage of natural coconut yogurt
- You can consume it alone or with dry, fresh fruits and seeds as a healthy and delicious snack, which will keep you satisfied for hours and even help you burn fat.
- Add this natural product to juices, smoothies, and smoothies, to give them a thicker consistency and to increase their nutritional power, at any time of the day.
- You can also use it in the preparation of biscuits to give them an extra touch of flavor, and even add a little to the frostings and creams of the filling, to make them more stable and delicious.
- Another option is to freeze the natural coconut yogurt in molds, mixing with layers of pulps and fruit juices, to make tasty, colorful and delicious frozen palettes.
- Use it to replace the yogurt of any recipe, even the salads: the rice and mango salad with natural coconut yogurt dressing are delicious and perfect for warmer days.
- There are many options you can take to enjoy your tasty homemade coconut yogurt on any occasion, you just have to let yourself be inspired and healthy, every day.
Thanks for reading How to make Coconut Yogurt. Enjoy your homemade yogurt in milkshakes and also in desserts, ice cream, with caramel or dried fruits. If you liked this article, subscribe to any of our social networks and receive outstanding publications every day.