In this guide we will teach you how to make a delicious plain yogurt, to enjoy a healthy and tasty yogurt.
How to Make a Delicious Plain Yogurt
Recipe to make homemade plain yogurt
Yogurt is a living being; are millions of bacteria that form inside the milk and give it that delicious texture and flavor. So to make this divine elixir, it is necessary to cultivate these bacteria to reproduce again and again. In this guide, we will teach you how to make yogurt in a simple and plain way.
For this we will start with a plain yogurt without sugar bought in the supermarket, from which we will get our first group of bacteria; we will also use powdered milk, water, and small containers to keep it.
Preparation of homemade yogurt
- Prepare milk powder with half the milk required in the instructions, ie 2 tablespoons per cup instead of 4; for this recipe will make a liter of milk.
- Once homogenized, place in a pot and heat over medium heat until it is about to boil (if boiling the recipe will not work). This is identified with a thermometer at 85 degrees Celsius, or when it gets very wet and starts to grow.
- Then wait for the temperature to drop to 45 degrees and, if you do not have a thermometer, put your little finger in the milk; It will be perfect when you burn but you can hold your finger inside. If it does not burn, you should warm up a little more. If it is too hot, it will kill the bacteria and you will not be able to finish the recipe.
- Pour the milk to 45 degrees in a bowl and mix with the yogurt, until homogenize everything. Fill each of the recipients with the mixture, the fuller the better.
- We have already placed a group of bacteria in each glass in an optimal environment so that they reproduce, so only cover, if possible with a clean cloth, and put it in the oven off (in a tropical country or summer), Or in a box filled with newspaper to maintain the temperature.
- Let stand for 7 hours, then place in the refrigerator. At this point, you can flavor it by following these tips.
- Without opening the containers, the plain yogurt will last in good condition one week, and once opened, between 4 and 5 days.
- We recommend that you keep one of the containers to make more yogurt, so you will not have to buy at the supermarket.
Thanks for reading how to make a delicious plain yogurt, if you liked this article, subscribe to any of our social networks and receive outstanding publications every day.