This no-cook recipe is a tasty alternative to ice-cream. These bars can be used for dessert served with fresh fruit and yogurt, or a tasty afternoon snack on a warm day.
The ingredients needed for homemade frozen yogurt bars
- 120ml double cream
- 220ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 175g raspberries
- 110g chopped walnuts
- 110g dried cranberries
- 60g chocolate chips
- 1.5 tsp coconut chips
Alter the berries and nuts to taste – try chopped almonds, hazelnuts, white chocolate flakes, blueberries, strawberries or pineapple, for example.
Recipe for yogurt bars
1. In a mixing bowl beat the double cream by hand or with a mixer until stiff peaks can be formed.
2. In a separate bowl mix the yogurt with all the other ingredients, leaving a few raspberries and walnuts for decoration.
3. Gently fold the whipped cream into the yogurt mix.
4. Line a square or rectangular container, measuring roughly 18cm by 13cm, with greaseproof paper. Plastic, glass or tin containers can be used, any container that will freeze well and is the appropriate size.
5. Spoon the yogurt mixture into the lined container and smooth the top level. Sprinkle with the berries and nuts that were put to one side for decoration.
6. Cover the container and place in the freezer overnight.
7. Take the frozen yogurt out of the freezer and leave to stand for around 20 minutes, or until the contents can be removed from the container easily.
8. Cut the frozen yogurt into portions and take off the greasproof paper.
9. Either serve immediately with a few fresh berries and extra Greek yogurt, or wrap each bar individually and place back in the freezer to be used another time.