Fat-Free Greek Yogurt Nutrition Facts

Fat-Free Greek Yogurt is a healthy low-calorie expansion to your eating regimen.

Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
Source: eatthis.com

Non-fat Greek yogurt contains calcium for solid bones, is actually low in sodium and gives a lot of protein to safeguard incline bulk. Yogurt is customarily had with organic product for breakfast, however the thick surface and tart kind of Greek yogurt make it a perfect expansion to different nourishments. Use Fat-Free Greek Yogurt set up of acrid cream on your prepared potato or appreciate it as a plunge with crisp vegetables. Non-fat Greek yogurt additionally makes a delectable option to smoothies.

Breakdown of Calories

Fat-Free Greek Yogurt has about a large portion of the calories of full-fat Greek yogurt. A 6-ounce container of non-fat Greek yogurt gives around 100 calories versus the 190 calories in its full-fat partner. Around three-fourths of the calories originate from protein, and the rest of the calories originate from starches.

Starch and Protein

One 6-ounce compartment of fat-free plain Greek yogurt has around 7 grams of sugars and 18 grams of protein. Both sugars and protein offer 4 calories for each gram. Somewhere around 45 and 65 percent of your calories ought to originate from starches, as indicated by MayoClinic.com. This adds up to 202 to 292 grams of sugars for the whole day, taking into account a 1,800-calorie diet. Around 10 to 35 percent of your caloric admission ought to originate from protein, or 45 to 157 grams day by day for a 1,800-calorie diet.

Calcium

You can get around 20 percent of your day by day calcium necessities, or 200 milligrams, from 6 ounces of fat-free Greek yogurt. Calcium is the most unmistakable mineral in your body and the principle segment of bones and teeth. Around 99 percent of the calcium in your body underpins skeletal structure, however the rest of the 1 percent is vital for different capacities. Calcium keeps your heart thumping, helps nerves impart and permits muscles to unwind and contract. You require 1,000 milligrams of calcium every day to bolster these capacities and to keep your bones solid, says the Office of Dietary Supplements.

Sodium

Fat-free Greek yogurt has about a large portion of the sodium of standard sorts of yogurt. A 6-ounce segment of fat-free yogurt has around 65 milligrams of sodium. You require some sodium in your eating regimen to keep up liquid parity, however an excess of can be destructive. High sodium admissions expand your danger of hypertension and expansion your odds of creating coronary illness. Keep your heart solid by devouring under 1,500 milligrams of sodium for every day, proposes the Linus Pauling Institute.

Fat-Free Greek Yogurt

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *